Sunday, April 10, 2011

DIY Birdhouses

Since I was 15 years old, I have nanny these 4 children who I love!  They spent this past weekend with me and we made some birdhouses.  Jake and I built the houses so they were all ready for the kids.  They were quite easy and went faster then I thought!  He picked up some wood from the local lumber yard.  I showed him (2) different styles I wanted to try.  He cut the wood, we nailed them together and drilled out the hole.

                                     I used basic primer from Lowes as a base.


 I went to Hobby Lobby during the week and loaded up on different colors of acrylic paint and different size paint brushes for the kids to use.  I also had some left over paint from the previous owners of the house, that they left.  At Hobby Lobby I also go different stencils for them to use if they wanted to.  When they finished I sprayed them with a waterproof sealer to protect the paint from mother nature.


Don't they look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment